What is a really sad quote?
Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad. Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form. Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest.8 Jun 2021
Who said the saddest quote?
John Greenleaf Whittier Quotes For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, ‘It might have been’.
What is the world’s most famous quote?
– “Fortune favors the bold.” Virgil. Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.
– “Time is money.” Benjamin Franklin.
– “I came, I saw, I conquered.” Julius Caesar.
– “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” Elbert Hubbard.
– “If you want to be happy, be.” Leo Tolstoy.
What is the saddest part of life?
““the saddest part of life is when someone who gave you good memories becomes a memory.””
What words can describe depression?
What is depression in one word?
a : a state of feeling sad : low spirits : melancholy specifically : a mood disorder that is marked by varying degrees of sadness, despair, and loneliness and that is typically accompanied by inactivity, guilt, loss of concentration, social withdrawal, sleep disturbances, and sometimes suicidal tendencies — see also 5 days ago
How would you describe depression behavior?
Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness or hopelessness. Angry outbursts, irritability or frustration, even over small matters. Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities, such as sex, hobbies or sports. Sleep disturbances, including insomnia or sleeping too much.3 Feb 2018
How do you describe sadness in words?
1 unhappy, despondent, disconsolate, discouraged, gloomy, downcast, downhearted, depressed, dejected, melancholy.
What is a famous quote from the Great Depression?
How can you frighten a man whose hunger is not only in his own cramped stomach but in the wretched bellies of his children? You can’t scare him–he has known a fear beyond every other. No one can possibly have lived through the Great Depression without being scarred by it.
What was the slogan of the Great Depression?
The average American family lived by the Depression-era motto: “Use it up, wear it out, make do or do without.” Many tried to keep up appearances and carry on with life as close to normal as possible while they adapted to new economic circumstances.31 Aug 2018
What was Herbert Hoover famous quote?
“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.” “About the time we think we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends.” “All men are equal before fish.” “Words without actions are the assassins of idealism.”
What are the saddest quotes?
– “Sadness is also a kind of defense.”
– “Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.”
– “Sadness flies away on the wings of time.”
– “Sad hurts but it’s a healthy feeling.”
– “Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.”
– “Melancholy is the happiness of being sad.” –
What is death sad quotes?
– “Death may be the greatest of all human blessings” Socrates.
– “How people die remains in the memory of those who live on” Dame Cicely Saunders.
– “Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them” George Eliot.
– “It is natural to die as to be born” Francis Bacon.